Le Monde secret de Kate Bush
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 couverts – L60cm
279.99 € 390.99 €
Voir le deal

1978-"The Kick Inside"

5 participants

Page 2 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant

1978-"The Kick Inside" - Page 2 Empty Re: 1978-"The Kick Inside"

Message  Pierre Ven 16 Mar - 7:12

Sur le site du "Financial Times", en podcast, une petite conversation à 3, plutôt bien documentée, autour de "Wuthering Heights", dans le cadre d'une idée plutôt intéressante, "Life of a song", qui se propose d'analyser une chanson et voir ses répercussions dans le temps. Dans la série, il y en a d'autres, comme le "Strange Fruit" de Billie Holiday... C'est assez bien fichu.

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Date de naissance : 30/08/1962

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  Pierre Ven 16 Mar - 17:22

Encore un article, irlandais cette fois, sur le site du Belfast Telegraph, avec une playlist commentée pas très originale, avec "WH" en N°1:

Kate Bush: The enduring fascination of this woman’s work over four decades

Forty years ago this month, Abba's Take a Chance on Me, was knocked off the Number 1 spot by a teenager's self-penned tribute to an Emily Bronte novel. Graeme Ross chooses this and nine other classics in his playlist of favourite Kate Bush songs

It's one of those jarring, stop-you-in-your-track moments when you suddenly realise that a memory or an event of some kind that is still fresh in your mind actually happened rather a long time ago. And that was certainly the case for me when the penny dropped recently that it is now exactly 40 years since Kate Bush exploded onto the music scene and the nation's consciousness with her unforgettable debut single, Wuthering Heights.

Seemingly from nowhere, a rather eccentric 19-year-old girl with a squealing, high-pitched voice entranced the nation and transcended the prevailing musical trends of punk and disco with a song based on a classic novel from the 1840s that most who bought the record would never have read (indeed Bush herself only read the novel after she had written the song).

Wuthering Heights spent four weeks in March and April of 1978 at number 1, launching Bush's celebrated career as one of the most imaginative musical auteurs of the rock era, a career that has produced some challenging, eccentric, but brilliant music with Bush effortlessly balancing the fine high-wire act between art and pretension.

A child prodigy born into a musical family, Bush was discovered and mentored by Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour and signed to EMI aged 16 with a large cache of songs already written. It was evident from the beginning that this was a unique talent, and EMI nurtured Bush, allowing her to develop until her first album The Kick Inside - containing many of her stockpile of songs, Wuthering Heights included - was released in January 1978.

With every subsequent release it became clear that Bush liked to do things on her own terms and brooked no boundaries for her songs. By her fourth album she was self-producing and was in complete command of her own career.

She had studied mime and dance and this led to a series of lavish, pioneering music videos that luminously illustrating her songs. In the decades since Wuthering Heights, Kate Bush has beguiled, perplexed and fascinated so many of us with her unique, visionary art. She has hardly been prolific, just 10 studio albums over those four decades, but this woman's work is enduring, important and hugely influential, with every increasingly rare release greatly anticipated.

Famously, Bush had only toured once at the very outset of her career until the 2014 Before the Dawn tour, universally lauded as a triumph and, along with her most recent studio album, 2011's 50 Words For Snow, only her second of new material since 1992, demonstrated that this most innovative of artists had lost none of her unique lyrical, musical and conceptual powers.

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Wuthering Heights and Kate's imminent 60th birthday (another stop-you-in-your-tracks realisation), here is my list of Kate Bush's 10 greatest songs.

10. Misty (From 50 Words for Snow, 2011)

A young girl builds a snowman which comes alive and visits her at night. It's a familiar story, but Raymond Briggs was never like this. Over a stately 13-and-a-bit minutes, Bush weaves a spare, piano-led, erotic tapestry that, as in Briggs' fantasy, can only end one way. More than 30 years after she first rose to fame with Wuthering Heights, Kate Bush proved with 50 Words for Snow, her last studio album to date, that she was still a singular talent. In other hands, Misty would have been an absurd premise, but, with a dream rhythm section in ace session drummer Steve Gadd and double bass legend Danny Thompson, lush but never intrusive orchestration and Bush's deep, husky vocals, Misty is a fantastical experience, as challenging and ambitious as any of her finest works.

9. Breathing (Never for Ever, 1980)

Kate adopts the persona of a foetus fearful of being born in the midst of a nuclear holocaust. With the Cold War intensifying, this was a pertinent, typically ambitious, risk-taking song and a highly unlikely hit single from Bush as she conjured yet another startlingly unique performance.

8. This Woman's Work (The Sensual World, 1989)

"This woman's world/Ooh, it's hard on the man/Now his part is over/Now starts the craft of the father", Bush sings tenderly at the outset of an incredibly moving performance. More evidence of that wonderful Bush empathy and humanity on a song written specifically for the soundtrack of the 1988 movie She's Having a Baby. This time it's the expectant father, whose wife's and unborn baby's lives are in danger, who is the object of Bush's compassion. Bush recut the song for 2011's Director's Cut album with her 13-year-old son Bertie's angelic chorister-like vocals a particular highlight.

7. Army Dreamers (Never for Ever, 1980)

Behind the childlike vocals and the mandolin-led waltz melody lies a powerful anti-war message as Bush laments the waste of young, unfulfilled lives ("He never even made it to his twenties") in the form of a mother mourning her dead soldier son. Time hasn't diminished its impact and resonance and Army Dreamers remains a song for all ages and all wars.

6. Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God) (Hounds of Love, 1985)

Beginning with 1982's The Dreaming, Bush began to self-produce and had also constructed her own recording studio at her country home. She had also mastered the Fairlight CMI synthesizer, one of the first sampling machines, and all this resulted in complete artistic freedom and a blossoming of her unique talents. The result was the Hounds of Love album, the peak of her creative and commercial success. Four hit singles, all making good use of the Fairlight and backed by stunning videos, emerged from the album, the first of which was Running Up That Hill, her biggest hit since Wuthering Heights. Complex, adventurous and more mature vocally with a memorable drum track, Running Up That Hill relates to the song's two lovers swapping genders to experience the other's emotions and understand one another better - the deal with God of the subtitle.

5. The Man with the Child in His Eyes (The Kick Inside, 1978)

The maturity and grace of the follow-up to Wuthering Heights erased any lingering suspicions that Kate Bush was a one-novelty-hit wonder. Composed when Bush was just 13, The Man with the Child in His Eyes is an achingly romantic, hugely affecting ballad, its simplicity in direct contrast to the pomp and circumstance of her debut single. Contrary to speculation, it probably wasn't about one man in particular, more likely being an early example of Bush's intrinsic perception and observation. Bush herself has claimed that the song was about how men in general seemed to her to hold on to the little boy inside them.

4. Cloudbusting (Hounds of Love, 1985)

Stunning in conception and realisation, Cloudbusting, based on the loving relationship between unconventional psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich - who was imprisoned in the USA in the 1950s after conducting rain-making experiments with a "cloudbusting" machine - and his young son, really is an amazing, magical record. Bush masterfully conveys the boy's innocence and wonder, not just on the record but in the groundbreaking video that accompanied the hit single in which she played the son.

3. Hounds of Love (Hounds of Love, 1985)

The title track from Bush's magnum opus draws on the classic 1957 Jacques Tourneur horror film Night of the Demon for its "It's in the trees ... it's coming!" sample at the beginning of the song and is full of vivid imagery with love taking the form of hounds. Beware the hounds of love, says Bush, they will rip you to shreds, but courage, courage. With a stentorian drum track imitating the pulsing of the heart, Hounds of Love is about fearing to commit when love comes calling and the inevitability that when it does, you are powerless to resist.

2. Moments of Pleasure (The Red Shoes, 1993)

Beautifully revisited on 2011's Director's Cut, this is one of Bush's most personal and moving songs on which she remembers friends and family who have passed on and in doing so, she allows the listener rare access to her own past and inner circle. Life is sometimes a hard gig, Bush says, and it is remembering fleeting moments from the past - like lying on a beach with a loved one, or a quirky little saying of her mother's - that smooth the ride. But it never seems intrusive and the listener is encouraged to make their own moments of pleasure for their loved ones to remember in this life-affirming masterpiece.

1. Wuthering Heights (The Kick Inside, 1978)

In a year when Scotland's World Cup song, Ally's Tartan Army, The Smurfs and the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band challenged the domination of punk, disco and the Grease movie soundtrack, Wuthering Heights was dismissed in some quarters as a novelty hit. How ridiculous that assessment looks now. But there is no doubt Kate Bush's haunting epic was unlike anything ever heard before. Famously, Bush had never read Emily Bronte's novel before composing the song, based on a brief glimpse of a BBC adaptation when she was a child, but the portents were there. She had been christened Catherine and the book's heroine was called Catherine Earnshaw; even more bizarrely, Kate shared a birthday with Bronte. Hugely theatrical, Wuthering Heights almost never made it as the lead-off single from her debut album as Bush, displaying what would become her trademark single-mindedness, had to fight EMI for its release. When she performed it on Top of the Pops, Bush later described her performance as "watching herself die", but the instant impact of Wuthering Heights, with its highly original subject matter and distinctive musical treatment along with the otherworldly quality of Bush's remarkable four-octave voice, set Kate Bush apart as a uniquely individual artist who has continued to follow a fearless and uncharted path.

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Dim 25 Mar - 14:46

Je suis rentré ce matin d'une soirée chez un ami d'Argenteuil (la banlieue, la vraie!), et lors de mon retour dans le train, cette situation dans laquelle on porte un regard sur tout un tas de choses très "réelles" (la laideur et l'odeur d'un train de banlieue, les paysages très urbains et sales qui défilent, les voyageurs qui partagent la même expérience avec leurs vies très "terre à terre"-gamins, quotidien, boulot même si c'est dimanche, situation financière au mieux très moyenne, voire précaire...),on peut constater à chaque seconde que les transports collectifs sont un manifeste assez puissant de ce que représente la réalité sociale...

Dans un premier-temps, j'avais sélectionné "Tusk" de Fleetwood Mac, album qui, pour moi, s'harmonise bien avec l'idée du voyage, une sorte de bande-son assez idéale pour l'idée du mouvement. Au bout de quelques chansons, j'ai changé d'avis et j'ai sélectionné "The Kick Inside" et là, j'ai de nouveau réalisé ce que cet album avait eu, à son époque, de magique, d'iréel mais surtout d'intemporel, on peut même dire en quelque-sorte "d'éternel" car en dehors de toute contingence réaliste, que ce soit musicalement (de façon flagrante), mais aussi concernant les textes car si la plupart s'appuient sur des situations réelles (j'exclus donc le romantisme assumé de "Wuthering Heights" et "The Kick Inside"), on réalise qu'on est face à quelqu'un qui prend le parti de transformer ces situations réelles, voire souvent banales, en quelque-chose de plus élevé (ça m'a vraiment frappé avec "Kite"!), qui prend tout son sens avec "Them Heavy People" qui finalement traite de philosophie de façon un peu triviale, presque "vulgaire"- dans le vrai sens du terme.

Et puis arrive "Room for the Life" dont je n'avais jamais vraiment saisi le sens (même si je comprenais à peu près l'idée globale dans le développement). Ce qui me posait problème, c'était "Hey there you Lady in tears, do you think that they care if they're real, woman, they just take it as part of the deal...", je m'étais toujours demandé de qui elle parlait, et je croyais qu'il s'agissait des autres femmes qui ne se posaient pas plus de questions sur leur condition, mais je sentais bien que ça ne "collait" pas... Et puis, j'ai réalisé qu'en réalité, elle parlait des hommes qui, eux, ne se posaient aucune question sur la "légitimité" de leur identité sexuelle (se sentant inconsciemment , d'une certaine façon "supérieurs" de façon naturelle). J'ai alors compris (en faveur aussi d' une conversation assez houleuse que j'ai eu hier soir avec cet ami concernant "Me too/Balance ton porc", et de façon générale le féminisme) qu'en réalité, "Room for the Life" était une chanson un peu plus polémique qu'elle n'en avait l'air et qui pourrait actuellement susciter une certaine réflexion... En gros, elle défend l'idée que tant que les femmes adopteront une attitude victimaire, face aux hommes, tout en se conformant qu'ils demandent aux femmes de jouer ("lost in your men, and the games that you play", "Night after night in the quiet house,plaiting her hair by the fire, woman, w,ith no lover to free her desire"), elles ne pourront leur prendre conscience de ce qui les rend d'une certaine façon plus fortes, et de de façon toute aussi évidente que les hommes qui se relaient sur leur propre force (physique, musculaire...). On peut penser qu'il pourrait s'agir d'une critique du féminisme qui revendique que les hommes prennent conscience qu'elles aussi peuvent être fortes, alors qu'en réalité, ce qu'elle défend, c'est que tant que les femmes se soumettront aux diktats de la séduction que les hommes attendent d'elles, qu'elles joueront le jeu qu'ils exigent d'elle (en se positionnant de fait dans un statut d'attente, de disponibilité, de passivité), elles ne pourront faire admettre leur propre force tout aussi naturelle (le pouvoir de régénérescence  de l'espèce et au-delà de ça celui de la création). Curieusement, c'est une autre forme de féminisme, mais apaisée, confiante qui part du postulat qu'en se positionnant au départ comme étant fortes, "dures" ("Like it or not, we were built tough, 'cause we're woman", "tough" étant d'ailleurs un terme la caractérisant utilisé plusieurs fois par les hommes qui ont travaillé avec elle),elles n'auront rien à prouver. Pourquoi revendiquer ce qui est évident et légitime. Mais on ne sent pas pour autant un rejet des moyens féministes, juste un appel à une forme de communautarisme qui consiste à changer d'attitude.

Voici ce qu'elle dit de "Room for the Life" dans l'excellente interview de Phil Suttcliffe dans "Sounds" à la sortie de "Never For Ever":

"People thought that song was feminist which disappointed me. It was actually saying we should go a bit easier on men because we are the ones with survival inside us, we carry the next generation, we have the will to keep going, we keep bouncing back.

"I don't know it that's anti-liberationist but I wouldn't say femininity was very strong in my songs. I've always felt there was something lacking in my feminine ... role, do I mean? Being brought up with two brothers I'd sit philosophising with them while my girlfriends wanted to talk about clothes and food. Maybe it's the male energy to be the hunter and I feel I have that in me."

'Room For The Life' portrays woman in exactly that way: 'Plaiting her hair by the fire, women/ With no lover to free her desire/ how long do you think she can stick it out/ How long do you think before she goes out, women/ Hey get up on your feet and go get it now'.

"When I'm writing . . . I've tried to explain this and people think I'm weird . . . I've been playing something for a couple of hours and I'm almost in a trance. At two or three in the morning you can actually see bits of inspiration floating about and grab them (she mimed it, like snatching at a fly). Someone comes in and says 'Hello' and I hit the calling I'm so shocked. I think in that state I'm almost split from my body and I'm not conscious of being female. Playing the piano, it's leading you too, it's the heart speaking and it's not male or female, it could be an animal, a glass, a piece of stone."

Après, on peut penser qu'elle accepte de se plier au diktat de la maternité et tout ce que ça implique, mais elle a prouvé dès le départ (et plus encore par la suite avec l'élaboration d'"Aerial") que tout en respectant ce que la nature lui commande naturellement de faire (qui ne la relègue pas pour autant à un statut inférieur), elle y trouve justement une force qui lui permet d'imposer encore davantage son indépendance et sa force. KB n'a effectivement jamais tenu un discours revendicatif, n'a jamais exclu ni sous-évalué les hommes qui l'ont accompagnée dans son parcours (bien au contraire, elle les a toujours valorisés comme source d'inspiration, et peut-être aussi quelque peu "utilisés" pour arriver à ses fins), elle a seulement gagné leur respect (ce qui n'était pas le cas au départ et assez longtemps... Les chroniqueurs anglais l'ont longtemps décrite -jusqu'à "The Dreaming"- comme "the company's(EMI) daughter", la "découverte" de Gilmour, et en France le faire-valoir de Peter Gabriel). Elle a refusé, tant que c'était en son pouvoir, d'utiliser les arguments de séduction physique (le refus d'utiliser la photo de Mankowitz comme pochette)trop flagrants ou racoleurs, en se riant de ce statut de sex-symbol dont on voulait l'affubler, en accusant l'épouse de "Baboohska" de trouver le moyen le plus sûr se "brûler les ailes" en instrumentalisant le mari, en le manipulant conséquemment à une forme de suspicion paranoïaque ne vreflétant que ses propres doutes. Elle expliqued'ailleurs très bien ce processus dans l'interview filmée de "Countdown":

Et son commentaire dans le livret de partitions "Thye Best of Kate Bush": "the games we play, boredom brings suspicion".

Bref, à l'heure de "Me Too/Balance ton porc" dont je comprends la nécessité, voire l'urgence, mais ne sais quoi penser réellement de la forme et surtout de l'efficacité, des FEMENs dont je saisis le discours et y agrée, mais désapprouve la violence et la radicalité de leurs actions (que je trouve intuitivement contre-productives), de tous ces mouvements féministes qui continuent-hélas- d'être nécessaires et justifiés dans ce qu'ils dénoncent mais dont je crains qu'ils ne provoquent chez les hommes qu'ils visent (mais aussi ceux qu'ils ne visent pas, d'où la digression autour de "Babooshka") qu'incompréhension et par la suite des réactions de violence revanchardes, de ce que le retour de Cantat sur scène peut susciter, légitimement, comme réaction viscérale, et à l'écoute d'une chanson d'une petite nana inconnue il y a 40 ans, j'ai trouvé une piste de réflexion intéressante et on ne peut plus d'actualité, un parallèle qui peut paraître "décalé", mais qui pourrait, dans les mouvements dits "féministes" apporter une piste de questionnement quant à l'attitude adéquate à avoir pour plus d'efficacité si c'est ce qui est visé... J'ai souvent considéré que le positionnement de femmes comme Elisabeth Badinter, Colette, Virginia Woolf (ces deux dernières ayant subi les aberrations d'une société machiste, ne laissant aux femmes qu'un rôle soumis et subalterne, mais contre lequel elles ont lutté en" créant" seulement) et tant d'autres était sans-doute plus "productif", efficace, car rien n'est "revendiqué" avec une violence inouïe, mais "prouvé", et ce avec la collaboration et le respect des hommes qu'elles provoquent tout naturellement, quitte à "déranger", au moins "destabiliser" momentanément. Je pense que KB fait partie de cette mouvance, et "The Kick Inside" en fut une preuve , à mon avis, flagrante.

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Renaud Jeu 26 Avr - 18:48

Je poste cette petite info ici, que l'on peut associer aux 40 ans de la sortie de Wutheirng Heights :

Kate to write poem as part of Brontë art installation in Yorkshire

1978-"The Kick Inside" - Page 2 Bronte_tribute-1

Kate has agreed to contribute a piece of poetry, along with poet laureate Carol Ann Duffy, the Scottish makar, or national poet, Jackie Kay and the novelist Jeanette Winterson in a summer project celebrating the Brontë sisters. All four have been commissioned to write a piece of poetry or prose which will then be engraved on stones positioned over the eight-mile route between the sisters’ birthplace and the family parsonage between Thornton and Haworth. Winterson will celebrate the Brontë legacy as a whole, Duffy will celebrate Charlotte, Kay has Anne and Kate has Emily. The writers have been commissioned by Bradford literature festival, which will unveil the stones in July.

Kate says:

“I am delighted to be involved in this project. Each sister being remembered by a stone in the enigmatic landscape where they lived and worked is a striking idea. Emily only wrote the one novel – an extraordinary work of art that has truly left its mark. To be asked to write a piece for Emily’s stone is an honour and, in a way, a chance to say thank you to her.”

2018 marks 200 years since the birth of Emily Brönte and 40 years since the release of Kate’s single Wuthering Heights. The stones project may possibly be the only way Kate will be marking the 40th anniversary of her song. The other three writers are confirmed to inaugurate the stones on July 7th in Bradford by reciting their words. Read more at The Guardian here.

From the event Press Release:

BRADFORD, 26th April 2018 – Writer and musician Kate Bush, poet Carol Ann Duffy, poet and novelist Jackie Kay and novelistJeanette Winterson come together to celebrate the literary legacy of the Brontë sisters, with a new permanent multi-site public art installation set in the rugged landscape of Yorkshire, that the Brontës themselves immortalised with novels such as Jane Eyre andWuthering Heights.

Curated and delivered by Bradford Literature Festival (29 June – 8 July 2018) and originated by writer Michael Stewart, the Brontë Stones project features four new, original works of writing, engraved onto stones in different locations connecting the Brontë sisters’ birthplace in Thornton and the Brontë family parsonage, now the Brontë Parsonage Museum, at Haworth. The captivating journey along the four points, of approximately 8 miles, form what is believed to have been the route the sisters themselves often took between the two locations.

Of the four commissioned pieces, three of the works (by Kate Bush, Carol Ann Duffy and Jackie Kay) respond to one of the Brontë Sisters (Emily, Charlotte and Anne, respectively), while the fourth (by Jeanette Winterson) responds to the Brontë legacy as a whole.

Accompanied by beautiful, hand drawn maps, created by Yorkshire cartographer Christopher Goddard, the stones take visitors on a journey in the footsteps of these extraordinary Yorkshire sisters, whose novels are recognised worldwide as some of the greatest works of literature to emerge from the 19th century. The project will leave a permanent memorial in the landscape that homed and fueled the imagination of these ground-breaking writers.

The Brontë Stones will be inaugurated this year, the bicentenary of Emily Brontë, at Bradford Literature Festival in a special launch event titled The Brontë Stones: Meet the Writers. Taking place on Saturday 7 July at Bradford’s historic Midland Hotel, writer’s Carol Ann Duffy, Jackie Kay and Jeanette Winterson will be in attendance, presenting the first official readings of their new work. On Sunday 8 JulyMichael Stewart will lead visitors on a guided walking tour In the Footsteps of the Brontës taking in each of the four stones for the first time. Tickets for both the launch and walk are now on public sale at www.bradfordlitfest.co.uk.

Following its inauguration at this year’s festival, the walk remains for members of the public to undertake for generations to come. As a legacy project, future plans include the development of a mobile app providing a personal, guided experience of the Brontë Stones walk.

This project has been made possible by funding from Arts Council England and sponsorship from Provident Financial Group PLC.

Kate Bush said, about Emily Bronte:

“I am delighted to be involved in this project. Each sister being remembered by a stone in the enigmatic landscape where they lived and worked is a striking idea. Emily only wrote the one novel – an extraordinary work of art that has truly left its mark. To be asked to write a piece for Emily’s stone is an honour and, in a way, a chance to say thank you to her.”

Jackie Kay said, about Anne Brontë:

“It’s been a real pleasure working on the Brontë Stones project. The Brontës are part of the literary landscape of this country. The stones are exciting in that they will make the past new again, opening up along the way new paths for different readers to follow.  I particularly loved writing about Anne – she’s the most underrated writer in the family, the pioneer about whom people know the least. I liked the challenge of writing a hidden poem within the poem on the stone and working with the artist to try and achieve that effect.”

Jeanette Winterson said, about the Brontës:

“When I was growing up in Lancashire and roaming the hills in the rain, and feeling both passionate and misunderstood (like all teenagers, well, maybe some have better weather), I read the Brontës and felt their spirit stand by me. For me, reading is about connection – and connection that works across time too. Good books live in the present, regardless of when they were written. The Brontës showed me that hearts beat like mine, that the struggle to know who you are happens across time and generations, and gender. They showed me that writing needs the power of the personal behind it – but that somehow the story one person tells has to become a story many people can claim as their own. And the Brontës are women. As a woman I needed those ancestors, those guides. I still do.”

Syima Aslam, director of Bradford Literature Festival, said:

“It has been a huge privilege to curate and deliver the Brontës Stones project as part of the Festival this year. The Brontës are an integral part of the literary landscape of Bradford, and the inspiration for our annual Bronte Heritage strand of events. It is therefore an honour for Bradford Literature Festival to bring the legacy of the extraordinary Bronte sisters to life in this exciting new way. It’s a matter of great pride for us that the Stones will stand in some of the most beautiful places in the county, bearing these moving, mysterious and playful literary works, that the public can enjoy for years to come.”

Other events related to the Brontës taking place at Bradford Literature Festival 2018 include:

An event co-programmed with the Brontë Parsonage Museum focusing on Ann Bronte.
       A panel discussion on whether Emily Brontë was a heretic or a mystic.
       A panel discussion focusing on the Gothic elements in the work of Emily Brontë.
       A panel discussion on alternative readings of Heathcliffe from Wuthering Heights.

Michael Stewart, project originator said:

“I first conceived of the Brontë Stones project in October 2013. I live in Thornton and have long wanted my village to receive recognition for its place in the Brontë story. All three literary sisters and their wayward brother were born here. They were a happy family, but very shortly, after their move to Haworth in 1820, tragedy struck. First the death of their mother, then the two oldest siblings. I was also aware that Anne Brontë was buried in Scarborough many miles from the rest of her family and I wanted a stone to mark her return. It’s fantastic to see the project come to fruition.”

Kitty Wright, Executive Director of the Brontë Society said:

“We are thrilled to be playing a part in this exciting project and are delighted that the Anne Stone will be situated in the grounds of the Parsonage, where Anne spent almost all of her life.  Haworth and the Yorkshire landscape are of immense significance to the Brontë story and we are sure local residents and visitors will enjoy making their way along the Brontë Stone trail for years to come. We look forward to building on our partnership with Bradford Literature Festival as together we continue to celebrate the legacy of Anne and her sisters.”

Voir aussi :
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-43897500
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/apr/26/kate-bush-makes-second-tribute-to-emily-bronte-with-art-installation

1978-"The Kick Inside" - Page 2 Faim41
Renaud
Renaud

Date de naissance : 24/09/1964

1978-"The Kick Inside" - Page 2 Empty "Wuthering Heights"

Message  Pierre Dim 3 Mai - 11:33

Je voulais revenir sur "Wuthering Heights" et l'hommage auquel tu as fait allusion (il y a deux ans déjà!) Renaud, concernant ces pierres gravées qui marquaient à la fois les 200 ans de la naissance d'Emily Brontë et les 40 ans de l'arrivée sur les ondes de KB, coïncidence troublante quand on sait que KB et Emily Brontë partagent la même date d'anniversaire...

Un autre article du "Guardian" relate les circonstances de cet hommage, en incluant les 4 poèmes:

Out on the wiley, windy moors, Kate Bush sings new praises to Emily Brontë

Poems set in stone mark Brontë legacy in West Riding, between the sisters’ birthplace and the parsonage where they grew up

The Kate Bush song Wuthering Heights is a testament to the singer’s feeling for Emily Brontë’s 1847 novel – and its passionate lyrics have already stood the test of time.

But now the much-loved musician has written fresh lines in a poetic tribute to Brontë that will have to endure the wind and rain that lash down on the very section of the Yorkshire moors that the great Victorian author once wandered.

A new poem by Bush has been carved into one of four stones placed across the West Riding, spaced out between the sisters’ birthplace in Thornton and the parsonage in Haworth, where the three writers lived and worked with their brother Branwell and their father, the Rev Patrick Brontë.
Advertisement

Once again, Bush’s words play with the lonely memory of the novel’s lost soul, the wilful Cathy Earnshaw, and with the image of a single window. But this time the tone is more measured and it is the ghostly spirit of Emily Brontë who is also roaming lost on the moor.

Her famous book in hand, the young author is pictured standing, at the poem’s opening:

“Her name is Cathy”, she says

“I have carried her so far, so far

Along the unmarked road

from our graves...

Bush, 58, was commissioned alongside the poet laureate Carol Ann Duffy, the Scottish national poet or makar, Jackie Kay, and the novelist Jeanette Winterson as part of the Bradford literature festival, which closes this weekend.

Duffy has written lines in praise of Charlotte, the eldest surviving Brontë daughter and author of Jane Eyre. Kay has written about Anne, the youngest daughter, who wrote the less well-known novel The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, and Bush was given the chance to write again about her literary heroine Emily, who was born 200 years ago this month. Winterson’s poem marks the Brontë legacy as a whole.

This weekend, Bush said she was delighted to be involved: “To be asked to write a piece for Emily’s stone is an honour and, in a way, a chance to say thank you to her,” she said. “Each sister being remembered by a stone in the enigmatic landscape where they lived and worked is a striking idea. Emily only wrote the one novel – an extraordinary work of art that has truly left its mark.”

The permanent installation of the stone bearing Bush’s new text also marks the 40th anniversary year of the release of her No 1 single, Wuthering Heights, when Bush was only 19. With the famous haunting refrain “It’s me, Cathy, come home”, her lyrics then were an early indicator of Bush’s distinctive use of narrative language in a pop song.

Bush’s stone and its new poem are available to see, set into the landscape from Sunday. Duffy and Winterson’s stones have now also been set into position, but the unveiling of the fourth stone – the one representing Anne – has been postponed until later in the year because of what is described as “the complexity of the installation at the Brontë Parsonage Museum”.

It will eventually stand in the grounds of the parsonage where the writer spent almost all of her life. “The Brontës are part of the literary landscape of this country,” Kay said. “The stones are exciting in that they will make the past new again, opening up along the way new paths for different readers to follow. I particularly loved writing about Anne – she’s the most underrated writer in the family, the pioneer about whom people know the least.”

Visitors who set out in search of the Brontë stones can use hand-drawn maps, created by Yorkshire cartographer Christopher Goddard. The man behind the project is Michael Stewart, who first had the idea for the stones five years ago. “I live in Thornton and have long wanted my village to receive recognition for its place in the Brontë story,” he said this weekend.

“All three sisters and their wayward brother were born here. They were a happy family, but very shortly after their move to Haworth in 1820 tragedy struck. First the death of their mother, then the two oldest siblings. I was aware that Anne Brontë was buried in Scarborough many miles from the rest of her family and I wanted a stone to mark her return.”

"Somehow the story one person tells has to become a story many people can claim as their own"Jeanette Winterson

The sisters originally wrote under the men’s names of Curra, Ellis and Acton Bell, but their true identities were fairly soon uncovered in literary circles. Winterson, who grew up in Lancashire during the 1970s, said she also walked her surrounding hills “feeling both passionate and misunderstood”. Reading the sisters’ books had shown her that “hearts beat like mine, that the struggle to know who you are happens across time and generations, and gender, and that writing needs the power of the personal behind it – but that somehow the story one person tells has to become a story many people can claim as their own. And the Brontës are women. As a woman I needed those ancestors, those guides. I still do.”
Advertisement

Syima Aslam, director of the Bradford festival, said the Brontës are an integral part of the literary landscape of Bradford: “It’s a matter of great pride for us that the stones will stand in some of the most beautiful places in the county, bearing these moving, mysterious and playful literary works that the public can enjoy for years to come.”

The festival and the stones project have been supported by Provident Financial Group PLC, alongside Bradford Council and the Arts Council of England

The Brontë stones poems

Emily, by Kate Bush
She stands outside
A book in her hands
“Her name is Cathy”, she says
“I have carried her so far, so far
Along the unmarked road from our graves
I cannot reach this window
Open it, I pray.”
But his window is a door to a lonely world
That longs to play.
Ah Emily. Come in, come in and stay.

Anne, by Jackie Kay

These plain dark sober clothes
Are my disguise. No, I was not preparing
For an early death, yours or mine.
You got me all wrong, all the time.
But sisters, I will have the last word,
Write the last line. I am still at sea.
But if I can do some good in this world
I will right the wrong. I am still young.
And the moor’s winds lift my light-dark hair.
I am still here when the sun goes up,
Still here when the moon drops down.
I do not now stand alone.

Charlotte, by Carol Ann Duffy

Walking the parlour, round round round the table,
miles; dead sisters stragglers till ghosts; retired wretch,
runty, pale, plain C.Brontë; mouth skewed, tooth-rot.
You see you have prayed to stone; unheard, thwarted.
But would yank your heart through your frock,
fling it as a hawk over the moors, flaysome.
So the tiny handwriting of your mind as you pace.
So not female not male like the wind’s voice.
The vice of this place clamps you; daughter; father
who will not see thee wed, traipsing your cold circles
between needlework, bed, sleep’s double-lock.
Mother and siblings, vile knot under the flagstones, biding.
But the prose seethes, will not let you be, be thus;
bog-burst of pain, fame, love, unluck. True; enough.
So your still doll-steps in the dollshouse parsonage.
So your writer’s hand the hand of a god rending the roof.

The Brontës, by Jeanette Winterson

Brontesaurus
Fossil record of a miracle
Bone by Bone
Word for Word
Three Women writing the Past into the Future
Line by Line
Listen to the Wildfell of your heart
Do not betray what you love
The earth opens like a book
You are come back to me then?
Brontissimo

Du coup, j'ai eu envie de traduire le texte écrit par KB en l'honneur d'Emily Brontë:

"Elle se tient dehors
Un livre dans ses mains
«Son nom est Cathy», dit-elle
«Je l'ai portée jusqu'à présent, si loin
De la route désolée qui part de de nos tombes
Je ne peux atteindre cette fenêtre
Ouvrez-la, je vous en prie."
Mais sa fenêtre est l'entrée d'un monde de solitude
qui n'aspire qu'àu jeu.
Ah Emily. Entrez, entrez et restez. "

Ce qui m'a conduit à tenter une nouvelle traduction du "Wuthering Heights" de Kate Bush, en essayant le rester le plus fidèle possible au sens du roman, tout en privilégiant la forme. Pas facile... Neutral

Les Hauts de Hurlevent

Dans la lande sournoise et venteuse
Nous roulions et tombions dans la verdure
Tu avais un tempérament, à l'image de ma jalousie
Trop vif, trop avide
Comment as-tu pu m'abandonner
Quand j'avais besoin de te posséder
Je t'ai haï. Je t'aimais, aussi

De mauvais rêves dans la nuit,
Ils m'annonçaient que je devrai capituler
Et renoncer à mes Hauts de Hurlevent,
Hurlevent, Hurlevent

Heathcliff, c'est moi, Cathy
Je rentre à la maison. J'ai si froid
Laisse moi entrer par la fenêtre

Je rentre à la maison. et j'ai si froid

Oh que tout n'est qu'obscurité, tout n'est que solitude
Dans l'Au-Delà, loin de toi
Je me languis, je trouve
Que tout espoir s'effrondre sans toi
Je reviens, mon amour
Cruel Heathcliff, mon unique rêve
Mon seul maître

Trop longtemps j'ai erré dans la nuit
Je reviens à ses cotés, pour en finir
Je rentre à mes Hauts de Hurlevent,
Hurlevent, Hurlevent

Je rentre à la maison et j'ai si froid

Oh laisse moi l'attraper
Laisse-moi arracher ton âme
Oh laisse moi l'attraper
Laisse-moi arracher ton âme
Tu sais, c'est moi, Cathy

Laisse moi rentrer par la fenêtre

Je rentre à la maison et j'ai si froid.

Après avoir regardé de nouveau ces derniers jours le biopic de PBS (ou la BBC, je ne sais pas trop...) "To walk invisible", un regard très réaliste et moderne sur la vie de la famille Brontë:

Mais surtout le petit chef-d'oeuvre de Téchiné:

j'ai été frappé (surtout dans le film de Téchiné) par l'importance quasi redondante des fenêtres dans l'univers des Brontë, que KB souligne dans son refrain, mais qu'elle reprend dans ce poème/hommage. Téchiné d'ailleurs s'en explique dans le documentaire assez passionnant joint au film dans le dvd/bluray sur les coulisses du tournage. En voici d'ailleurs un extrait, plutôt relatif à la direction des acteurs et de l'ambiance qui régnait lors du tournage:

Je terminerai par des extraits des films qui, pour moi, incarnent les meilleures adaptations du roman:

D'abord, le superbe film d'Andrea Arnold qui n'évoque, malheureusement, que le récit de la première génération (comme la plupart des adaptations d'ailleurs...):

et des extraits de l'adaptation télévisée de Coky Giedroyc de 2008 qui capte bien l'ambiance gothique du roman, tout en réussisssant l'exploit de résumer l'intrigue sur les deux générations. Quelques réserves sur le choix de Tom Hardy pour le personnage d'Heathciff, mais globalement, c'est assez réussi:

Malheureusement, je n'ai pas pu trouver la bande-annonce du film de Yoshida qui replace l'action dans le Moyen-Age du Japon qui, bizarrement, traduit le mieux (avec celui d'Andrea Arnold) la sauvagerie et les sentiments extrêmes des personnages. En revanche, je découvre une récente adaptation de 2018 dont je n'avais jamais entendu parler (on en découvre toujours de nouvelles! Je crois que c'est probablement le roman le plus adapté dans l'histoire de la littérature...):

Tout cela m'a donné envie de créer un sujet sur "les Hauts de Hurlevent", et de façon plus générale la vie et l'oeuvre des trois soeurs; ainsi que toutes les adaptations qui en sont nées (pour "Jane Eyre", y'a matière aussi! Laughing ). Pour l'instant, c'est déjà pas mal!

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Dim 10 Mai - 22:38

Un petit montage amateur plutôt bien fichu (à part que le mec a une voix très désagréable...) qui se concentre sur les débuts de KB (débuts de composition, David Gilmour, enregistrement de "TKI", succès de "WH"...). On n'apprend pas grand-chose (j'ignorais que l'album des Beatles préféré de KB était "Magical Mystery Tour", ce qui me fait bien plaisir car c'est aussi un de mes préférés! Very Happy Je ne suis d'ailleurs pas surpris...), mais ça résume bien ces qqs années fondatrices:

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Mer 27 Mai - 12:23

Suite à mon post précédent.
Je constate que Télérama relaye la même info. L'article est écrit par une nana qui m'a franchement exaspéré avec cette réthorique pseudo-féministe actuelle hyper agressive qui commence sérieusement à me gonfler! 1978-"The Kick Inside" - Page 2 2568599491

, Kate Bush, femme d’un milieu musical gangrené par les hommes, a lutté sans relâche pour se faire entendre.

Que le milieu musical ait été dominé par les hommes est une réalité. Pourquoi y rajouter une connotation sanitaire débile, alors que KB elle-même a toujours déclaré ne jamais s'être sentie victime d'une quelconque suprématie masculine, ressentant davantage un soutien parmi ses pairs qu'une domination, même s'il lui a fallu défendre bec et ongles ses exigences artistiques, au même titre qu'un homme aurait dû le faire. Elle s'est toujours gardée de se victimiser en tant que femme et d'accuser l'institution musicale de machisme. En revanche, elle a déploré à plusieurs reprises, de la part des medias, des journalistes une tendance au sexisme, la présentant davantage en objet sexuel qu'en auteure-compositrice.... Ces nanas dénaturent les combats réellement féministes en jetant de l'huile sur le feu.

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Sam 30 Mai - 7:36

Je réalise que, porté par mon agacement, j'avais oublié de poster le lien vers l'article de Télérama. C'est chose faite. Wink

Sinon, je viens de trouver la video de "De Efteling" qui a été retravaillée, aussi bien visuellement (c'est en 1080p en plus...) que sur la piste audio, aménagée en stereo. Malheureusement, il y a parfois un léger décalage concernant la synchro, c'est parfois un peu gênant, en particulier sur "Wuthering Heights". C'est dommage car cette version de "WH", même si elle exagère un tantinet le côté "gothique" de la thématique (la sortiedu cercueil fait franchement vampire... Laughing, sans parler des crânes qui jonchent le sol ), restitue au mieux visuellement ce dont il est question, par exemple à travers cet effet de transparence parfois qui montre qu'il s'agit d'un fantôme. J'aimerais bien qu'on retrouve le master de ce document, certes assez kitsch, mais plaisant:

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Jeu 14 Jan - 9:58

Une petite video très bien fichue car extrêmement complète (on apprend même des choses, notamment au niveau technique) sur la genèse de "Wuthering Heights":

J'avais déjà regardé celle consacrée à "Hong Kong Garden" de Siouxsie & the Banshees et celle de Stevie Wonder. Ils ont l'habitude de proposer un travail très sérieux autour de tout un tas d'aspects de la production musicale et parlent d'artistes très variés. C'est vraiment intéressant! 1978-"The Kick Inside" - Page 2 2577831501

Voici la playlist de la chaîne YT qui parle des "chansons qui ont transformé la musique", il y en aura peut-être d'autres qui vous intéresseront (Siouxsie, Peter Gabriel...).

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Mer 24 Mar - 19:44

Un article californien qui fait le point sur "The Kick Inside" et qui incite le public américain à revoir son attitude sur des a-priori infondés. C'est plutôt honnête et intéressant:

LA Public Library: Mining Gold From The Music Stream: Kate Bush - The Kick Inside

The songs are complex and cerebral, but not cold and soulless like some of the progressive rock of her contemporaries.

Aaron M. Olson

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Though she's recognized as one of the biggest solo artists ever in the UK, Kate Bush somehow didn't break through in the US in quite the same way and remains somewhat of an oddity in the American pop echelon. That's not to say that she's unheard of or unpopular at all Stateside; rather, the American view of Bush is one of a witchy weirdo outsider who occasionally scratches at the pop charts, while in her native England she's revered and celebrated as a visionary, trailblazing pop icon. Even just considering chart performances there is quite a disparity from one continent to the other, her early single "The Man With The Child In His Eyes," from her debut album, The Kick Inside, charting at numbers 8 in the UK and 85 in the U.S. How is it that the same sounds—the unique chord progressions and leaping melodies, the inventive arrangements and subject matters, the wiley, high-pitched voice—can be received as genius and instant gospel in one place while being accepted but quickly filed away as quirky or niche in another? A passage from composer-theorist John Cage's landmark book, Silence, comes to mind.

"Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating."

Perhaps on this side of the Atlantic we have not truly listened to Kate Bush—we've nodded our heads along saying, "Yes we hear you, Kate, and that's interesting and all..." but we haven't actually listened, we haven't taken the artist seriously. Bush's music comes from and exudes a powerful femininity—a femininity that has always been defined by Bush herself, and not by the men and money around her. She sings in a distinct, high voice, which naysayers like to call "shrill." Is her voice any more shrill than Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant's, one of the most celebrated rock singers of all time? She sings about love and life from a woman's perspective, the menstrual cycle and phases of the moon (see "Strange Phenomenon"), and all things witchy and magical, which naysayers also like to count against her somehow. Again, Led Zeppelin sings about explicit male sexuality and Hobbits and it comes off as tough, powerful, rock n' roll, and is unquestionably popular around the world. Perhaps it's that we're not as accustomed to that kind of female power here, having had fewer women in as high-up positions of political power as the UK for example, and maybe in turn we fear it? Or maybe her promotional efforts weren't as good here, which would raise many questions as to why that might be? Regardless of which road led us here, Kate Bush has ended up at the eccentric outsider's table at the illustrious pop music party in America, heard by the many but taken seriously and actually listened to by far fewer. Those that do listen, though, are devoted fans to the core, and we'll gladly talk your ear off about our Kate—About how she started writing songs at the age of 11, started producing her own albums in her early 20's, incorporated all kinds of alternative and exploratory dance and movement into her live shows and music videos, was the first musician to use a wireless headset microphone on stage, wrote a song about π in which she melodically sang the number to its 78th decimal place, was the first woman to have a number 1 hit in the UK with a self-penned song, and just simply made awesome music.

The Kick Inside, Kate Bush's 1978 debut album, was made up entirely of original songs written by Bush between the ages of 13 and 19, her age at the time of its release. An impressive feat for anyone so young, this album has proven to transcend the novelty of its creator's youth and stands the test of time as a trailblazing, genre-defying piece of audible art. The songs are complex and cerebral, but not cold and soulless like some of the progressive rock of her contemporaries. The arrangements allude to something rock n' roll, but the songs rarely fall prey to the trappings and limitations of the genre—chords and melodies journeying off in unexpected directions with lyrics touching on all things explicitly not rock n' roll from modern dance to Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights. She does sing about sex, but popular culture has decided that sex from a woman's perspective is not very rock n' roll, not like Led Zeppelin's sex is (Nothing against Led Zeppelin, here! They're just a clearly masculine brand of rock n' roll, easy for comparison purposes). As a young woman in a fiercely male industry, Kate Bush set out firmly on her own path with The Kick Inside and has followed it ever since, creating an incredible body of work along the way. Kate Bush's music makes no apologies for being strong, defiant, individual, and feminine, as it shouldn't, and maybe it's time we start asking ourselves why we choose to file it as "other." We can start by listening. We might find it fascinating.

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Dim 16 Mai - 0:13

Je pense que c'est la première fois qu'apparaît ce document. En tout cas, perso, je ne l'ai jamais vu auparavant... Shocked Prestation TV au Japon de "The Man with the child in his Eyes" lors de sa visite promo en 78 pour laquelle on connaissait déjà qqs trucs, notamment sa super choré pour "Them Heavy People"... Laughing
La qualité est pourrie, la synchro décroche et c'est la même choré que d'habitude , mais docu inédit:

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Renaud Dim 16 Mai - 11:45

En effet, jamais vu ! Merci Pierre ! Very Happy

L'espoir fait vivre, mais j'aimerais vraiment que le titre Never For Ever fasse surface un de ces jours.
D'après Andrew Powell, c'est un vrai petit bijou !

Renaud
Renaud

Message  Renaud Dim 16 Mai - 17:06

Pierre a écrit:notamment sa super choré pour "Them Heavy People"... Laughing

Allez, il n'y a aucun mal à se faire du bien !!! lol!

Renaud
Renaud

Message  Pierre Lun 17 Mai - 15:07

Renaud a écrit:Allez, il n'y a aucun mal à se faire du bien !!! lol!

Obligé! Laughing J'y avais pensé, mais comme la video était déjà dans le sujet... Puis je me suis dit que de toutes façons, tu allais embrayer. Wink Je ne me suis pas trompé. Very Happy

Tout de même, ce séjour au Japon, je me demande comment elle a dû ressentir tout ça. A sa place, je pense que j'aurais trouvé ça complètement surréaliste, d'autant plus que c'était tout au début de sa carrière... Je crois comprendre assez bien comment des débuts aussi "éblouissants" ont pu conditionner toute l'attitude qu'elle a eue dès le départ de sa carrière, cette éthique, cette "règle" de ne pas se faire berner par ce miroir aux alouettes, j'imagine qu'à 19 ans, ça nécessite une sacrée force psychologique de ne pas se laisser embarquer par ce maelström. Il faut dire que toute la famille veillait pour qu'elle garde les pieds sur terre. Ca a dû être assez flippant aussi pour ses proches. Je crois qu'elle a eu beaucoup de chance d'avoir une famille aussi présente!

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Jeu 20 Mai - 13:04

Pour cèlzésseu qui ont toujours eu la flemme de lire ce pavé de "Wuthering Heights" ou qui se sont toujours retrouvés indécis face au choix d'une adaptation ciné ou télé, un résumé plutôt réducteur et irrévérencieux, mais plutôt rigolo de l'intrigue:

Laughing

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Mar 25 Mai - 17:42

Grâce à YouTube, je viens de vivre une expérience assez intéressante: qq'un vient de poster l'intégralité de "The Kick Inside" sous la forme d'un procédé appelé "phase inversion". Voici la traduction de l'explication de ce processus dans le descriptif de la vidéo:

Le processus d'inversion de phase annule tout ce qui a été mixé en mono dans le mixage stéréo, de sorte que vous n'entendez que ce qui a été mixé spécifiquement à gauche ou à droite (plus l'écho). Cela apporte souvent une expérience d'écoute totalement nouvelle . Ce que vous entendez est le morceau classique original sans overdubs

Le résultat ce serait un peu l'écoute de l'album en instrumental avec un focus sur certains éléments de l'enregistrement. Dans le cas présent le jeu de piano et les "backing vocals" (et aussi les percussions sur "Room for the life" et les cordes sur "The Kick Inside"). L'inconvénient, c'est justement cet écho (par conséquent légèrement décalé) des lignes vocales principales qui gêne un peu l'intérêt du procédé. J'ai trouvé ça particulièrement intéressant sur "James and the cold gun", "L'Amour looks something like you", "Them Heavy People" et "The Kick Inside" (justement à cause de l'écho vocal qui apporte un effet de hantise assez pertinent sur le propos, alors que pour "Wuthering Heights", ça ne m'a pas fait le même effet). On peut donc mieux se concentrer sur le jeu de piano de KB ainsi que sur la richesse des backing vocals (sur certains titres). Je vous conseille de tenter l'expérience vous aussi! Wink

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Renaud Ven 23 Juil - 9:43

Une version remasterisée du clip de Wuthering Heights (Red Dress Version)

Ce n'est pas parfait mais c'est une belle amélioration par rapport à la version originale !

Renaud
Renaud

Message  Pierre Lun 20 Sep - 23:13

Un petit topo fort intéressant principalement axé sur "Wuthering Heights" avec des intervenants qui savent de quoi ils parlent, notamment Andrew Powell qui livre ses mémoires... C'est apparemment tiré d'une émission TV (Channel5UKTV) "Hits of the 70's":

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Jeu 18 Nov - 0:57

Sur YT, qq'un vient de poster "WH" sur les images du film d'Andrea Arnold que je mentionne plus haut et qui est, avec la version japonaise, l'adaptation que j'ai préférée du roman d'Emily Brontë, même si elle limite à la 1ère génération (exit la vengeance perverse d'Heathcliff qui, pour moi, est bien plus intéressante que la 1ère partie, indispensable cependant à la compréhension de cette personnalité "troublée"-euphémisons...). Bizarrement, à la fin de la video, il enchaîne avec le film dans lequel Ralph Fiennes (excellent!) et Binoche (nulle!) interprètent ce couple maudit. Sans-doute pour y inclure la scène de hantise... Dommage, les scènes du 1er sont tellement belles et fortes.

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Lun 6 Déc - 13:36

Je viens de voir qu'il y a un an, la chaîne YT de TopPop avait publié l'intégralité de la prestation à la TV hollandaise "De Efteling Special" en très bonne qualité (mais en 480p). J'ai donc édité mon post de la 1ère page compilant toutes les apparitions TV de KB pour "TKI", mais je publie le truc ici pour ceux qui auraient la flemme de rechercher... Wink

En Avant-propos, une partie du descriptif de la vidéo nous informant des circonstances de ce show télévisé:

On 12 May 1978, the Dutch broadcaster TROS broadcast a 20 minute Kate Bush television special, recorded at the Dutch amusement park Efteling. On 10 May 1978, Efteling was ready to open the Haunted Castle, the most expensive attraction it had ever constructed, and they wanted to promote it as much as they could. Ton van der Ven, who designed the castle, appeared in a popular talk show and in April a documentary featuring the Haunted Castle was made by filmmaker Rien van Wijk, who was eager to shoot in the latest attraction before it officially opened. Kate, who just had a big hit with Wuthering Heights, was approached for a television special that would promote both Efteling and her songs. The special was filmed in April, a month before the official opening of the castle.

The Efteling TV Special songs:
• "Moving" was filmed in the square in front of the Haunted Castle
• "Wuthering heights"; Kate can be seen inside the Haunted Castle. Among other things, a smoke machine was used.
• "Them heavy people" was filmed at 3 locations; in the attic of the castle, at the entrance with the oriental spirit and outside in front of the entrance of the well that is part of the attraction 'The Indian water lilies'.
• "The man with the child in his eyes" was filmed by the lake with gondolettes and swans
• Strange Phenomena, has the double shot with the mirror image and was filmed in the castle's catacombs.
• "The Kick Inside". Kate has gray hair in this shot and is lying in a boat surrounded by flowers on the lake and sailing away. This scene conjures up images of Elaine and The Lady of Shalott, classic poetic figures from the Arthurian legend.

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Mer 16 Fév - 19:32

Le service des archives de la BBC vient de poster sur YT l'interview de l'émission "Ask Aspel" en très bonne qualité. Malheureusement, la performance au piano de "Kashka from Baghdad" n'est pas incluse... Neutral

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Mer 11 Mai - 15:48

Pour ceux qui ont toujours voulu connaître la partie de piano de "Wuthering Heights" (hors outro). Bien entendu, sans le toucher de Madââââme Wink. Vous pouvez même chanter en même temps si le coeur vous en dit Laughing  :

Sinon, qq'un vient de publier une version instrumentale avec un son très correct. C'est chouette, même sans la voix Very Happy :

Je n'avais jamais remarqué combien l'orgue était si proéminent... Shocked

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Renaud Mar 24 Mai - 16:07

C'est anecdotique mais plutôt pas mal fichu comme remix Very Happy

Renaud
Renaud

Message  Pierre Ven 27 Mai - 22:33

Excellente qualité de son et d'image pour le 2e Top of the Pops de KB:

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Pierre Lun 30 Mai - 13:29

Prestation à la TV française (chez Drucker je crois...) avec une apparition fugace de Robert Mitchum d'excellente qualité (4k):

Pierre
Pierre
Admin

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 2 sur 3 Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant